Runner with a photography problem

Alaskan {runner, swimmer, SUP'er, surfer, cyclist, hiker, backpacker, traveler, snowboarder} with a photography problem...

Tetons

Tetons

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Tambopata Reserve: Birding!

macaw feather
Part IV: exploring the Peruvian Amazon, August 2014

So, I can't say I've ever been really into birds in the whole scheme of what does it for me in nature. Alaska's bald eagles still cause me to stop for a moment, but otherwise I don't really look skyward much. A big draw to the TRC (Tambopata Research Center) is it's proximity to the second largest macaw clay lick in the world. We were fortunate to bird watch on several separate days, the most impressive moment being dawn when hundreds and hundreds of macaws flock to the clay lick for feeding. I felt like I was in a little Jurassic Park out there! Pretty awesome creatures. What's more.. when we headed back to the lodge for breakfast, we had some surprise macaw visitors...


newfound Birders


Awww yeah!










tiny red bird in a big tree...
lodge visitor

pancake thief!

why hello there




roomates

1 comment: