Runner with a photography problem

Alaskan {runner, swimmer, SUP'er, surfer, cyclist, hiker, backpacker, traveler, snowboarder} with a photography problem...

Tetons

Tetons

Friday, February 14, 2014

Coogee Clifftop Walk and Bondi Beach

On my second day in Australia, in search of free entertainment, I decided to try one of the more famous routes, the cliff top walk from Coogee to the surfing town of Bondi.  I had already done a morning run and was feeling a bit jet lagged,  so I opted to walk the 5.5k bike path instead of running it. A short train and bus ride got me to the starting point from my Kings Cross area hostel. The route passed by small beaches and coves, swimming pools jutting out into the ocean, edge of cliff views, and even wove around a large cemetery before dropping down to Bondi beach.  The surf wasn't so hot, and the beach area was pretty touristy, but I enjoyed some r&r on the beach and mingling with local surf shop owners before heading back to Sydney.









No comments:

Post a Comment