Runner with a photography problem

Alaskan {runner, swimmer, SUP'er, surfer, cyclist, hiker, backpacker, traveler, snowboarder} with a photography problem...

Tetons

Tetons

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Blue Mountains

A few weeks ago I checked out the Blue Mountains, which are about 2 hours from Sydney. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and I stayed at an amazing hostel that had FREE laundry and internet which is a rarity here :)

My first day I woke up for an early morning run from Katoomba to the town of Leura, and from there on a loop around Wentworth Falls and back to Katoomba. This area has tons of trails connecting you to beautiful waterfalls, and I also took a shortcut through a golf course to avoid having to hop on a train. The maps aren't exactly to scale and I got lost several times so my "16"mile training run turned into about 24 miles (of hills and some serious stairs)! Oops! Needless to say I was pretty spent after that! Luckily I stumbled upon a cafe to refill my camelbak and buy a biscuit (the only thing I could afford) around the 4 hour mark. It was rainy and slippery but I still managed to catch some sweet views of Empress falls and Bridal veil falls, to name a few. I missed views of the famous "three sisters" which were fogged in, but saw pretty much everything else. This area is definitely worth checking out for a few days trip from Sydney!
























No comments:

Post a Comment