Runner with a photography problem

Alaskan {runner, swimmer, SUP'er, surfer, cyclist, hiker, backpacker, traveler, snowboarder} with a photography problem...

Tetons

Tetons

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Running down a dream

The timing of my 30-tirement isn't ideal for the upcoming Boston marathon (already booked/paid for), so I've decided to accept the challenge and attempt to continue my training despite 2 months of international travel. Hey, may actually be a great way to see new places!

So today, after a 15 hour flight from LA to Sydney, I couldn't wait to throw on the running shoes and explore the city! Equipped with my camelbak, city map, and yes Mom and Dad - my RoadID and pepper spray :) - I took off from my hostel in Potts Point toward the city center.

There's a fairly good chance I will get hit by a car while I am here.. it was a weird adjustment to look the opposite way and run on the opposite side of the road, but hopefully I will catch on soon! Sydney is a pretty runner friendly city, I had lots of company on the bike path.

Route: Potts point - the Finger Wharf - Botanical Gardens - Mrs. Macquarie's point - Farm Cove - Sydney Opera House - Circular Quay - The Rocks street market - Sydney Harbour Bridge - Milsons point - Anderson Park - Kurabba Point (Neutral Bay) - and back!
Distance: approx. 14 miles
Highlights: Kimbilli Sunday market, crossing the bridge, and amazing views around the Opera house and Botanical Gardens

Great city and great start to the trip!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful pics! Glad you're safe and taking it all in:) Didn't have a chance to tell you before you left that my aunt used to live in Thailand. She has Thai friends that may be willing to help you or show you around. If you want I would need some trip details and a way to contact you. Let me know. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! So glad you made it safe and sound. Wish I was running around with you. Oh and that infamous pool...Make sure to have too much fun - for the both of us. Cheers lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amber! Hope you're having a blast! Don't know if this is the best way to contact you.......my aunt got back to me. She has friends (school teachers) in Korat, northeast of Bangkok, and Chiang Mai, which I think is southwest of Bangkok. If you'll be in that area or just want some local suggestions they would be glad to help you. Try emailing me at tres92@gmail.com. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful there! So glad to hear that you are safe and sound...so far! Keep us updated and I can't wait to see more pictures of all the amazing places you will visit. Peace!

    ReplyDelete